Types of Information We Collect
Registration and Use Information
When you visit or register to become a member of the Site and to use services provided therewith, we receive user information from and about you, which may include, among other things, your name, email address, information automatically collected about your usage of the Site, identification information provided to establish a membership account, and various statistical data such as which pages you visit on our Site, how long you stay on them, and what content you click on. It may also include information you provide on our Site, such as your public posts, and information we obtain from a third party.
Like many other Web sites, we make use of log files. These files automatically log visitors to the Site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
How We Use Your Information
We may use your user information to provide and improve services on the Site and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. We process your user information on the basis that it is:
- In our or a third parties’ legitimate interests – such as to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, articles, and other information; to personalize your experience with using the Site; to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available on our Site, such as your public posts; to manage the relationships we have with our users, visitors and partners; and to operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve the Site, applications, products, services and operations.
- Where you give us your consent – we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of user information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent.
- For compliance with a legal obligation
We will not use your user information without a valid legal basis to do so. In addition, we may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. If so, we will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
Sharing of Information
In addition, you may be requested to voluntarily provide certain user information during your use of the Site. If you choose to do so, that user information may be shared with us as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services to us.
Transfer of User Information
Your user information may be stored and transferred outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. If you access or use the Site outside of the United States, your user information will be transferred to our servers in the United States.
We have reasonable safety measures in place to ensure that when your user information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws. Additionally, when using or disclosing user information transferred from the EU, we will implement appropriate safeguards to protect your user information as required if we transfer it outside the EU. For further information about these safeguards, please contact us at [info@QOL-Reno.org].
Retention of Information
Security of Information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at [info@QOL-Reno.org] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [info@QOL-Reno.org].
This policy does not apply to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website.
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your user information and a copy of that user information
- Right to rectification and deletion: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed, and the right to have certain user information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your user information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to object to automated decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you. This right does not apply when the automated decision is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your user information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the user information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your user information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your user information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
- Right to lodge a complaint: The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
How to Contact Us